View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: Brueso

I can understand Zim being livid at Pedro for gesturing like he intended to bean someone, but coaches are supposed to CALM players down, not get on the field and throw a punch at them. I like Zim, but I DON'T think Pedro was under some kind of duty to run away from him when Zim charged at him throwing a punch just because Zim is 72 years old. He pushed him away and Zim lost his footing. Zim's a tough old bird- he knows once he jumps in the ring and throws a punch, it's "Anything Can Happen" Day.

I think that whole game yesterday demonstrated how everyone on both teams is going INSANE from the pressure! But it's been fun to watch (particularly since my Mariners didn't even make it to the post, so I don't have the emotional involvement I would otherwise). I hope Boston wins out over the Yanks- how could anyone not want to see a Boston Cubs World Series? But I'm not sure Boston has enough tricks left in their toolbox to take two more games before Pedro can pitch again. In any case, I want the Cubs to be the final winners, so who knows.