View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Default Rose Bowl Poster

Thanks for those photos Carlton. That 1920 poster is fabulous, I have seen your other one in other posts, but don't recall seeing the '20. I love the artwork on both of yours, especially the period helmets, etc.

As to mine, cancel the Parade plans .
Came in the mail today, and didn't take 3 seconds once I did the unwrapping of bubblewrap to realize it was a repro. It is probably the same type of photographic repro that you saw before, as I think you were right that there are photographs of tears in the original. This one was so easy to spot because of the very modern inexpensive frame it was in. The back of it doesn't look any different than a piece of posterboard you could by today in Michaels. If it was in a period frame, it would be very tough to tell it was bogus, but not tough at all in the newer frame, that actually had no glass minus a few shards that the seller never removed when at some point in the past the glass broke.

Anyway it was worth a gamble. I haven't been to Atlantic City in a while and love the roulette tables, so I don't mind taking the occassional ebay gamble.