View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 07:10 AM
Mark Fox

It was about a year ago that I decided to pull the string and sell off my entire vintage collection. I ended up consigning my cards and memorabilia to one of the auctions houses and I straight sold all of my autographed items to Jim Stinson.

I had always been pretty conscientious when it came to buying and bidding reasonably for items and I kept detailed spreadsheets on my acquisitions especially in regards to what I paid. In the end I recouped 95% of the cost of my collection which I considered to be a pretty great result. I can easily chalk up the remaining 5% to simply having thoroughly enjoyed all the time I spent working on my collection over the previous years.

And honestly despite my trepidation on getting rid of everything, after I packed all the items up in boxes to ship off to the AH and Jim Stinson... from the moment I dropped them at the post office and walked out the door of the post office, I have not regretted my decision once.

I had some unique pieces, some rare and tough to find autographs, and some items that might not show up in an auction or for sale again, at least not for a number of years. But if I should decide to start again, and the itch is there sometimes, I know that in a given year across all the various auctions I'm bound to find items of similar uniqueness and scarcity to ignite my interest again.