View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
First of all, nobody on planet earth knows who G.O. Smith was (except for Al Jurgela). To make my point, I did a search on eBay and I see a few G.O. Smith cards up from the same seller, who is probably Al Jurgela! LOL

Now when PSA did the Mount Rushmore thing, they did include modern cards as well. For example, they selected the 1979 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky RC for their hockey list. So I decided to do the same thing. Here is my choice below:
Thanks for the posts, guys. I have been interested in the responses. I have only a basic knowledge of soccer cards, but I am familiar with the major cards. I am not at all surprised by your four choices.

The only thing I wondered about was keeping a Mt. Rushmore at just one card per player and going with either the Quigol or the Alifabolaget for Pele. That would open up a Mt. Rushmore spot for something like the '78 Crack Diego Maradona sticker.

IMO, a Mt. Rushmore should not be an obscure card of which only one or a couple examples exist; it should be four iconic cards that everyone who is a collector of that sport is familiar with.

Last edited by Bored5000; 11-21-2017 at 01:27 AM.