View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:52 PM

All - would love a view of how many times that image was used?
Kahn's - 1961?
Exhibits
Jay Publishing?

Also, how many variations of Exhibits and Jay Publishing exist for Clemente? I have a feeling we'll see them all before the 365 days are done...[/QUOTE]

This is my best list of that pose being reused, but I am far from a proper expert for differentiating the various and difficult to track/identify team issued photo pack type stuff and whether more can be said about those:
‘47-66 Exhibits
‘58-61 Jay Pub/Pirates team card
‘59 Kahn’s
‘60 Kahn’s
‘61 Kahn’s
‘62 Exhibits red back
‘62 Exhibits black back
‘63 Exhibits

Re: exhibits and Jay publishing 'cards'
I know of four Exhibit 'variations', all listed above since they all share the same photo under discussion (again, sad face a little since we don't get the variety they gave Mantle or several others that had a few different poses issued over the series). The 'variations' are just backs with stats for '62 (red or black) and '63, and then blank-backed otherwise, for a total of four.

By happenstance, also four Jay pubs officially that I know (although I have seen some team photo pack cards referred to as jay pub, so I don't know and guess it depends on the definition or the provenance of the image used and what historically is still known and verifiable about them??) Anyway, there's the early series '58-61 pair, one batting stance, the other the above portrait pose. Then a late series pair '62-65, both in a batting stance, one wearing a cloth cap and the other a batting helmet.