View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Most Iconic, you said it.

From what i see, as people get older, they want older stuff
todays 20-30 yrs old collecting modern, but when they're 40-50 they'll start collecting vintage.

how many of us ever seen honus wagner and babe ruth play?
Great point, and just as some of us have never seen Mantle, Aaron, Mays, Koufax (... .... .......) play. Those who love the game will want to know the game's history at some point. Kids today who are fixated with all the silly things in modern pop culture will look back and laugh about it in years to come, just as some now might look back and laugh about the days when nothing in the world was more important than cruising to the rock concert in the Trans Am, with a good buzz.

And to the original thread question, I don't think you can go wrong with any graded cards from the Postwar era, of the various hall of fame players that we often talk about here (see my list above, just to name a few). Some collectors prefer higher grades, some prefer lower to mid grades. Collect what you like and can afford. If it's late-50's Topps PSA 4 or 5 Mantles, centered or not, it's all but guaranteed there will be collectors interested in those same cards 20 or 30 years from now (IMO).

Last edited by JunkyJoe; 03-28-2019 at 12:30 PM.