View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default OC for me

I'm with BobbyW8439 - I am for the card in better condition like it came from the pack, rather than centering. That said, I don't like miscuts.

But I am in the minority and I believe that on most cards the "lesser by 2 PSA grades" card will appeal to more collectors/investors than the OC card.

Part of this may be due to the relative scarcity of the OC qualifier, and thus the relatively fewer sales data points.

Another possible reason:
I have some registry sets and a PSA inventory, and on the OC's that I own, there is typically no value that PSA ascribes to the OC cards. I think that is a problem with their registry website, but if I keep buying OC cards and when I add them to my inventory and the cost of my collection is increasing, but the apparent value of the collection doesn't, I could see why some collectors would just opt for the centered example two grades lower. So I think PSA's own administration plays into the relative demand for the OC cards.

As for what will be in demand in 20 years, I am guessing cloned versions of your current house pet.

Tony

Tony