View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Ben

Default T207 The Best Tobacco Set Of All Time

Before you haters chime in...let me state my case.

Think about what the early 1900's looked like. Limited technology as we know it, death, disease, deplorable conditions, etc.
So, when I look at T207's...I automatically think of a very drab life at the time. T207s reflect that reality...you throw in a splash of color on the cards and you get...well...hope. It is easily the most "real" set of all time. It reflects true life at the time. The contrast between the brown (drab) background and the limited color appearing on the cards is absolutely stunning. Show me any other Tobacco Set that has that kind of contrast. It's either all color or black and white.

When you start breaking down the stats, T206s have probably 100 times per player and T205s 50 times per player compared to T207s. Factor in the fact that the T207 set has 15% more rare cards than the T20six Wagner...and I shake my head everyday why anyone would chase the T20six Wagner.

I'm a collector...not an investor, so my post here is to those true collectors of the hobby. But a word of warning to the investors out there, supply and demand always come back to equilibrium...trust me I know, and at some point the Tobacco market wakes up and realizes a T214 Cobb is infinitely more rare than any T20six Cobb combo you could imagine.

So...thanks for letting me put my opinion out there. I look forward to the debate that follows. Bottom line...it's not always about the money... we have all been conditioned to believe that this is exactly what it's about.

Ben

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk