View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
Looks good! How does it sound to you?

Yesterday I went to my local record shop for Record Store Day and picked up the just released Queen We Are the Champions/We Will Rock You 12” single.
I would say that the Black Friday Record Store Day releases may have been better than this years traditional Record Store Day which is held in April. Lots of good artists and albums - Turtles 66, Son Volt, Otis Redding Live, Raspberries, Procol Harum, Iggy Pop, Neil Young Harvest, Richard Hell & the Voidoids, John Lee Hooker, Doors Live, Sonny Rollins, Gram Parsons, Greg Lake I Believe in Father Christmas, Roger Taylor of Queen 10", Lou Reed and Kris Kristofferson at the Bottom Line.

I usually go in April, but I am not purchasing too much vinyl at the moment. The ones I buy in April I usually keep sealed. The 180g or 220g vinyl aka 'virgin vinyl' is great. It is similar to or the same vinyl used on the import pressings that we would purchase in the 1970's and early 1980's. Definitely superior sound. I worked at a college radio station and we would take a U.S. pressing and an import pressing of the same album go into a studio and play them. You would hear notes on the imports that you would not hear on the domestic pressings.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”