View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 04:35 PM
M@rk Cl@ry

Default HOF Canvas Update

I'm not sure this will generate too much conversation but I wanted to document my journey to add HOFers to the these canvases I bought in the BST earlier this year (thanks Jason!).

Jason got the ball rolling by adding 33 autographs with inscriptions. One canvas is focused on those that got in before 2000 and the other 2000 or later.

I live relatively close to Cooperstown (outside Syracuse) and have made the pilgrimage to Induction Weekend every year since 1989. That weekend easily translates to my best opportunity to add guys. That's where I added 4 this past weekend.

Billy Williams - Fantastic guy that took time with my kids and niece and nephew to engage them in some lighthearted banter.

Andre Dawson - Second Cub on the day. Andre was a little more standoffish but he does have a great autograph.

Frank Robinson - Frank looks and sounds great for 81. His autograph was a little deliberate but he got the job done.

Greg Maddux - Greg's not big on signings as I understand it and it shows. He ain't cheap but he was nice enough but little chit chat. I saw him sign a Smoltz/Glavine/Maddux poster that was already signed by Smoltz and Glavine with "HOF 15" even though he went in the Hall in '14. Oops. The collector was freaking out. I'm not sure how the promoter rectified the situation but I definitely felt for the collector. How does Maddux not know what year he went in!

Last edited by bender07; 08-04-2017 at 04:41 PM.