View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Pete, nice pickup from Dan.

I just got some cards back from SGC. A bit of a scare when I realized they shipped and were being held at the West Palm Beach distribution center on Sept 7th (Palm Beach County was under mandatory evacuation by the 7th). At any rate, my cards made it out safe and I hope for the same favorable outcome for all those potentially impacted by Hurricane Irma.

The pair of Newsboys came courtesy Tony Arnold at the National. Thank you Tony, this brings me to an even dozen. These cards have been rather elusive, would love to see others out there regardless of their availability.

This final card is a special addition to my collection. This one is courtesy of a trade with Jay Miller and brings me one card away from full Pete Conway sweep. I now only need pose 5. The back shows evidence of being from Buck Barker who presumably obtained it from Keith Mitchell (see 1979 notation at bottom). Jay obtained the card in 2004 from Lew Lipset so it has been in good company (Mitchell to Barker to Lipset to Miller). Thank you Jay!

- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers