View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone193 View Post
Hi Butch

I totally agree with you - the return is just not worth the trouble.

But, I have always wondered if someone would take the time to fake this game:

Take the generic version:

I believe there may be some subtle differences between the two games - I don't own the "indoor" version - have the generic version.

I did pick up the "indoor" version sans the cover which was removed - which had the red boxes for the parts - the generic version I have doesn't have the boxes.

It does seem to be a lot of trouble - but ya never know - someone could take a relatively inexpensive board game and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer on ebay?
Mike,

I have both of these games, as a matter of fact the Indoor version is my Avatar

I know that a "generic" version of the Indoor version exists, but it is still expensive. Maybe Dr. Mark Cooper could chime in here, he is probably the best known expert on these games, and his book that he wrote in INCREDIBLY informative!!

I love mine, and was the high bidder on the one on REA last night, and I could have bought it with a $100 bump but decided mine is in probably 90% shape range, whereas the one in REA was probably 60%-70% range and mine is in much better shape, just got auction frenzy though

IMHO, not sure if anyone would be able to get the Horner portraits to counterfeit this game, at least the Indoor version.