View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Al Richter

Mark-- I have collected all the Fleer sets that I know about, from 1923 and then 1959 to 1980. After 1980 I just did the base and update sets until 2007.

There are a surprising number of Fleer baseball related issues from 1959 to 1980. Most know about the sets from 1959 to 1963, but the Standard Catalog is weak on Fleer issues from 1964 to 1980. probably because many did not involve active or even retired players, but rather logos, stickers and patches.

Many of those were issued over several years with minor changes or updates. I have tried to collect all of the sets and all the variations, as well as examples of all the various packs. My checklist in doing so was the Fleer Sticker Project at fleersticker.bolgspot.com , supplemented with help from the most dedicated Fleer collector of that era that I know, Barry Isakur. He has pointed out and helped me get several variants not listed on the blog. The Blog itself is fully illustrated.

The Fleer Sticker Blog is a great resource and does discuss "types", but I do not know if PSA uses it as a resource. I can tell you from experience that collecting all the types and variants of the different sets is time consuming and challenging...but fun too.

I never kept up with all the post 1980 Fleer stickers, puzzles, logos, ect.

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-27-2018 at 07:12 AM.