View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Jerry

Default Diamond cut 1967 Topps high #'s?

I'm slowly winding down my completion of the 1967 Topps set. As I look for the last few cards I need (the ridiculously priced hi #'s) I noticed that a few I've seen seem to be somewhat diamond cut. This doesn't bother that much as I'm just trying to complete the set and find these scarcer hi #'s at reasonable prices (beaters mostly :-) ... but I'm beginning to wonder if the Topps hi #'s were rushed to the printer by Topps in late 1967 ... thus have a higher # of diamond cut cards for the hi #'s vs all the other series cards? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I know diamond cuts in pre-war "T" cards are not too uncommon. But I never noticed this type of cut that much in regular issue Topps sets ... except of course off-center and mis-cuts ... which are different cuts than a diamond cut. Just curious.

Selling: Cards and memorabilia I'm weaning from my collection to fund other collecting interests.
https://www.ebay.com/str/recollectionantiques/