View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:53 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
LOL Quite a few years ago.

I grew up in the east end of Montreal, as an English guy. It was a tough area. I was about a 20 minute walk to the Olympic Stadium, and eventually many people in the city wouldn't go to the stadium for a number of reasons, one being it was stuck so far in the East End of the city.

As kids, many of us English kids cheered for teams other than the Canadiens, and many English did cheer for them. I grew up in the Bobby Orr era, and I knew a lot of Boston fans at that time. The English / French dynamic of that city and province are difficult to explain if you've not lived in "deux solitudes".

Safe to say, I was a huge Expos and Alouettes fan, just not so much a Canadiens fan.
I lived the first 5 years of my life in an apartment next to CFL Hall of Famer Angelo Mosca's mother. I remember he played in Montreal for a season or so. Many know him from his pro wrestling career as King Kong Mosca. Probably the second most famous athlete to come from Waltham behind Fred Smerlas (NFL) or Shawn McEachern (NHL).

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”