View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 02:14 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
I remember seeing the first Blue Old Mill at the 2011 National in Chicago. Man what a great National that was!! There was always a lot of skepticism in the beginning and even SGC was cautious about grading it. If I am not mistaken there may be pics of that card floating around somewhere in an SGC holder now. I took the pics originally for the board but no longer have them available or I would post them. I 100% agreed with the color and at the time it seemed impossible but I got lucky and got to take a seat at the table. Used a 10x Loupe and both a black light and led on it to see if there was any anomaly that may have been left by a chemical or uneven coloring like a color has been passed over again. Anything that could show proof it was not genuine. I found nothing questionable and even the cut showed factory edges common on the T cards from the time period. That leads to speculation that at least ONE full sheet was printed and distributed. I am glad that it was verified and slabbed but having two more come to light makes me look a tiny less crazy now. Lol.
Hey Andrew, When the Walsh showed up, and if I was there to see it, I probably would have been 50/50 on it being the real deal. I have some pictures of the Walsh kicking around somewhere on one of these hard drives which could be some of the pictures you took, if you ever shared them on any groups or Net54. I agree that at least one sheet made it past inspection. One thing I haven't ever mentioned was if you look at my Powell scans, you can see that certain colors were not registered correctly. Then if you look at the Elberfeld currently at auction, you can see the same amount of registration that's off. So they are likely from the same sheet. I did the same thing with all my "No Prints" and could tell there were at least 2 different sheets because I had 2 groups of cards with different registration alignments but within each group, the registration matched perfectly.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11