View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Rawn Hill

Nicely put Mr. Klein. I can say that I too have sent to this cause. I do agree with these types of solicitations being allowed here. I will not need the tax deductions from such donations as I don't make any money to speak of anyway.

I notice a hint of a background story that is bugging you about a similar type of fund raising. I have no idea if a disaster hit your synagogue or not, had it, I would be more than happy to contribute. A church or synogoue or my sick grandfather, who I'm sure has a shoebox full of cards , is not a fundraiser that I'm comfortable donating to, this was a natural disaster.

It is not a true donation, however. You are agreeing to purchase said items with the intent that the proceeds will be going to this effort. I would never ask for a tax receipt as I will have what I agreed to purchase soon.

If the building has suffered damage as a result of a disaster where many where left homeless, broken, or worse yet, dead, please let me know where to contribute.

Rawn