View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
It ain't.
It has nothing to do with a "cult of personality," and everything to do with voter demographics. Old white men are dying, and blacks, Hispanics, Asians, LBGT, and more liberal youth are taking their place.

In not-so-many years, the Hispanic vote will render Texas a blue state.

Dig it!
I was going to post something very similar to this.

My super-old neighbor dropped by today while I was doing yard work and told me many things regarding how disappointed he was in the election results. I was polite because he's super old, but one of his parting notes made me raise my eyebrows. He mentioned how men have given up their leadership role when it comes to women. I guess that in the "old days" a woman would vote how her husband voted (I don't actually know if this was a "spoken" thing, or if she just knew to do so).

This certainly isn't so anymore, and there's no doubt that we're better off for it. My wife is quite capable in a way that I gather my neighbor isn't familiar with. The world is changing. Women do stuff. She deserves to have her voice heard independent of mine. I truly believe this. Her interests are naturally informed by a different set of issues than mine...we still tend to agree on most stuff anyhow.

The same is true for all minorities who's voices were marginalized for years and years. Black, female, homosexual, Latino, atheist, whatever...these groups comprise a huge majority when their interests intersect. The world is bigger and smaller at the same time and we have an awesome opportunity to reject fear and exclusion and embrace their opposites.

Cult of personality doesn't even begin to explain why Obama and his progressive ideas are more popular than any mainstream GOP leader's stone-aged ideas. I certainly reject the idea that the election of Obama was unconstitutional. Deal with reality now...it IS different and frankly, I believe it IS better.