View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hof View Post
Ha, Ted as far as toughness goes in what order would you rank the Sovereigns from 1 to 4 in you experiences putting the sets together? Thanks. Dennis.
An interesting question, Dennis

I'll describe my experience which will not be typical.

In November of 2006, I had completed my all-PIEDMONT set of 519 cards. I really enjoyed the challenge of that project, so I got started on an all SOVEREIGN set
with only 22 Sovereign cards in my collection. But, I was very lucky. Barry Sloate had acquired a collection of 300+ Sovereign cards. I won 262 cards from Barry's
auction.
Eleven months later, November 2007, I completed the Sovereign set of 402 different cards. Plus, an additional 6 cards of the rare SOVEREIGN 460 versions of the
six Super-Prints.

So, I really cannot give you an accurate number of how tough it is to put together this set. I'm sure it would have taken me several years to complete it, if I had
not acquired those 262 Sovereign cards. However, I can tell you that the toughest part of completing this set will be the "hunt" for these 66 "apple green" cards.

Anyway, on any given day on Ebay, there are 200+ assorted Sovereign cards to choose from. Furthermore, on occasion, Sovereign's show up in Auctions, or in BB
card shows. Therefore, I would suggest to anyone considering working on this Sovereign run of 402 cards, unless you are a very patient collector, wait for a large
"find" of Sovereign cards to surface and acquire them.

TED Z