View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
Big populace, but poor. Absolutely the case. However, you have seen these cards? They are slightly more than paper and must have been extremely cheap to make.. why? Because even the poor could afford them. That is my hypothesis. I am not 100% sure, but that is my thought. Still whatever the numbers, they will pale in comparison to the number of 1950's Topps baseball cards... I just think that there will be substantially more found when/if word gets out of the value and the TPGs continue to grade them. It is still shocking to me that the VAV number is so low. Significantly more scarce than I have expected prior to researching the population reports.
The stock makes card survival even less likely. Look at the paper Cuban issues. A Montiel that isn’t near trashed is rare.

I am sure more will emerge. That has been the case with my beloved Argentinean boxing issues. When sellers realized there’s a US market for the cards they started selling on eBay and now you can find the more common issues regularly.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-26-2018 at 07:00 AM.