View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

5-11

Another "low end visually appealing example" for my project thats in progress.

I had been looking (and previously mentioned) wanting a '58 AS for this display. Its just such an iconic card, I knew from day 1 I would include one of these....... *IF* I could find one I liked at a good price that is.

As with all my "low end" examples I have snagged for my display, it's not without its small issues, but this is going to be a perfect addition to my project.
The coloring really popped on this one, which was the main reason I snagged it.
The centering is OK, although not perfect by any stretch, as you can see.
The corners aren't perfect, and the top to bottom centering is off some as well.
There is also a vague hint of a print line across the bottom, when you look at it closely.

Overall, I thought it looked great, and is a perfect candidate for this display, and at roughly $55 delivered, I thought it was a great acquisition.

I am nearing the end of my "display project". It has taken a little longer than I had anticipated, due to a few other non-card life issues.

There are a couple of cards left I want to get, and I will be grabbing them in short order.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.