View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 07:24 AM
J0hn Collin$

I don't have anything super special or even a run per se, but as a kid - Nolan along with Mickey Mantle was probably the player I idolized the most. I had all his books and even the coffee-table style memorabilia book that came out in the mid 90's.

I won't post pics because you all know what they look like, but my oldest Ryan cards today are his '69 Topps in PSA 4, (I'm a mid-grade guy) a really clean '70 #712 that used to be a PSA 6.5 but is now a raw card. ;-) and his '72 Topps that was an SGC 4 - also now liberated from slab - that really is nothing special but I'm supper happy with it because I only paid $15. Has anyone else ever noticed how hard the '72 Ryan is to find not centered, but just without tilt? Mine is decently centered, not perfect, but does not have the tilt - which after looking for one of those cards to buy for awhile became the main thing to me. Beyond that I have a few more '70s Ryans here and there and then a ton when you get into the '80s and '90s. Back in the day I had a really nice '68 rookie - would have been probably at least a 6...but I didn't hold onto it. I really don't think you can ever go wrong with Ryan cards. Clearly he'll always be highly collectible, and he was and is a wonderful ambassador for the game.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-25-2019 at 07:27 AM.