View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Bill Gregory

Ok, I'm going to try and come up with my top ten all-time favorite album list, which is a near impossibility. These are the ten albums, if I were forced to live on a deserted island the rest of my life (with a lifetime supply of batteries!), that I couldn't live without.

Good lord, this is going to be hard, because I love metal, progressive rock/metal, pop, rock, jazz, the blues, fusion, classical...everything but country, really. How do I limit myself to ten albums? Do I take a greatest hits compilation as one album, which is really cheating?

Sigh...

Ok, here goes nothing. And tomorrow I might change it.

Bill's top ten all-time favorite albums right now.

Queen-II
the Beatles-Abbey Road
Jeff Buckley-Grace
U2-the Unforgettable Fire
Tori Amos-Little Earthquakes
Dream Theater-Images and Words
Duran Duran-Rio
Van Halen-1984
Rush-Moving Pictures
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

How the hell do I leave Queen's Sheer Heart Attack or A Night at the Opera off this list, or Van Halen I? Do I drop Rio for Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced? What do I take off to pop in The Who's Who's Next? What about the aforementioned Sgt. Pepper, or Rubber Soul? I really want The Police's Synchronicity in there, and Toto IV. And I don't know where the hell I'm going to get some Led Zeppelin, or Cream in there. Zep IV, Disraeli Gears?

Edit: oh crap, no Thriller, no Miles Davis-Kind of Blue, or Bitches Brew--both could easily make my list. Songs From the Big Chair by Tears For Fears is another favorite. Hotel California by the Eagles, and I'll go nuts not having 2112 if I'm listening to Moving Pictures.

No Rainbow or Deep Purple, how the hell am I going to live on an island with no Ritchie Blackmore?

Just shoot me. I will never be happy with this top ten!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 03-14-2014 at 05:05 AM.