View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 10:08 PM
James M.

I've purchased a few cards off of Facebook through a group run by Daniel Harmon. I've had nothing but positive experiences but in practically all cases, it's very transactional. I have made some nice connections on there though, with a handful of individuals, but they are few and far in between.

Here is a much more social place, I feel like I am part of a community and though all of us recognize the business side of the hobby, all of us seem to have a very healthy appreciation for it as well. I also feel like I've developed a stronger connection with a general community and members of the hobby on here, as opposed to on Facebook.

All in all, two very different places. It treat the facebook listings, as I would treat eBay listings in most cases. While the main focus might be cards here, the real treat is the community that Leon and so many others have built. Certainly made the time during the pandemic much more bearable.

I'll also say this much, one of my favorite things to do when I wake up, or when I come home from work, is hitting the "new posts" button, to see what is going on here. Feels like walking into a bar, where it's nothing but the regulars that you always enjoy seeing!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.