View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:02 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
hitting 400 for an entire season is damn hard tho, especially on a bad team because he will get walked so much cutting his AB's down. I gotta say tho, if I had to pick one guy to do it, it would be Votto. He makes good contact and doesn't hack away.

as far as "second half seasons" if you only look at avg sure, but Ichiro never had any season with the bat as good as most of Votto's. Power and OBP really really matter a lot!
i agree Vottos numbers all together destroy Ichiro..but again 2nd half for a veteran perennial ALL STAR hitter who is not past his prime is easier than the first half...you get to face a bunch of call ups and teams that dont care if they win in September which is about 30 of those 80 or so AFTER all star break games..

Plus the reds were already out of it....sort of like a quarterback getting 2 tds in the 4th quarter to lose a game 35-14 and the 2nd half stats were great for the game...

Its the first half of the season before the all star break when almost all of the games matter and decides the fate of the season which matters the most for the most part

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-01-2016 at 11:04 PM.