View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Business volume should not dictate ethics. Period.
It shouldn't, but I'm also a realist. Do I believe some of his auctions are shilled? Duh. Do I believe he is cognizant of the fact? Absolutely. Do I think it's his responsibility to do everything within his power to stop it? No. Collectors want to throw people like him under the bus because of a problem eBay magnified with anonymous bidding. Instead of "I avoid Probstein auctions" it should be "I avoid eBay" if you're all that worried about the ethics of buying and selling collectibles. If you want to close yourself off to the largest majority of the market (eBay) more power to you. I'll just worry about what I'm willing to pay, not what I end up paying because some dirtbag cosigner shills his own items. The guy is making a good living selling sports cards. Wish I could say the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
How about:

6. Someone tells you what is happening with a specific auction and there is verifiable proof that a specific consignor has shill bid one or more auctions.

Tom C
That would fall under #3. Consigner wouldn't be conducting business with me in the future.

Last edited by sbfinley; 08-07-2014 at 11:30 AM.