View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Default is it just me or have you noticed....

Posted By: Larry

To Joe P....

Good Points made, I will tell you that rare vintage cards are getting exremely scarce, you cannot find stuff at shows and e bay is a source right now, and you are right, they are not van goghs but there are more quality buyers than good sellers with good quality material right now, otherwise you would not see the trend as is.

My point is that it is not a macho game, if you want to snipe which everyone does, great but you will see RARE obscure issues or good higher priced cards being sent only to catalog houses because they protect seller and buyers evenly... will the buyer unfortunately pay more eventually due to the commissions, e bay is a bargain for the buyer.

I am not worried at all that a few hotheads do not want to bid because an item gets withdrawn, the item would only get withdrawn if there are no or extremely few bids so hopefully not everyone will think that sniping is only way to bid. If that was the case, you would see only crap or mid quality items offered and the rarities of the hobby(by the way there are 100's of van gogh's, how many E105 Wagners are there?)WILL not be offered except at BIN or reserve bid or through catalog auction houses. That is my point, period.