View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default speaking for myself

Speaking for myself it is very difficult to put a value on many of our sports items. Cards are the exception as many are commonly traded and there are comparison sales. A ticket like this is almost impossible to give a close value on. I would venture to guess most auction houses won't give you a very close valuation that they think it will bring in auction, as they don't know. I think they are wise for that decision. If I were you I would first of all list it on our own BST area with a price you are comfortable with and see what happens. That will cost you 0. Then if that doesn't pan out, you might try ebay with a reserve, again, very little cost associated with it. After you list those 2 places you might start to get more of an idea of it's value, if nothing else. Then you can decide what you want to do with it.

At the end of the day an auction house can get you a good audience but they can't guarantee a price, unless there is a reserve, and even then that is only a protective measure so you are not upset with too low of an outcome. Good luck with it.