View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Default Two Crappy Ebay Experiences

Posted By: Matt

Two really lousy experiences the past few weeks; maybe somebody has some insight for me, or at least will learn from my mistakes. I buy many raw cards on ebay, so the risk of getting a lemon is there.

1) Bought 3 T206s, and 2 Goudeys from an ebay seller (bought off ebay) with good feedback, although most of it was with recent cards. He said he was selling off an old timers collection for him. 4 of the 5 cards came back from SGC fine, but one came back as "questionable authenticity." Upon contacting the seller asking for a return/refund, he claims that I need to get a second opinion from PSA sice he doesn't trust SGC. Furthermore, he claims he has no proof that the card I have is the same one he sent me, so maybe I switched cards and am trying to screw them. How could I prove that the card is the same?

2) Bought a card from a seller on ebay that was visibly a bad fake as soon as it arrived, despite the sellers promises of authenticity. The seller left me no return address, stopped answering email and canceled his ebay account. A chargeback with my CC company succeeded and I got a credit, but then Paypal responded with the sellers home address and said since I didn't return the card, they took the money back. I sent the card with delivery confirmation back to the seller, but now Paypal claims that since I didn't send it with signature confirmation, there is no proof he actually got it. I'm certain had I sent with signature conf, there is no way the guy would have signed, so what should I have done? Furthermore, now I'm stuck because I already sent the card back.