View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I don't think any card of a current player is worth that much as there is so much risk for injury or something else (like all the examples you mentioned). I have seen so many people lose big money on modern cards that I stepped away.

I don't think you will get one response on this side of the board supporting the Trout over players like Ruth, Gehrig or Cobb. It's just safe money.

No matter what the market is those three stay fairly stable. I don't trust modern till they have been enshrined and for a few years after too till the pricing settles. The manufactured scarcity cards have yet to prove long term stability in any player other than Jordan. I need to see how they perform to make a true decision, but I can't see it in the way modern collectors have consistently shown little interest in collecting players just a few years after retirement.

Jeter is a good one to watch right now. His cards are performing pretty well still, I am watching them over the next couple years to see if the interest starts to wane.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.