View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I'd have to give a definitive yes to your overall question. However, there are caveats involved. You could always resubmit the card for reholdering (for whatever the fee is) and POOF!! now it's in a new holder and 'worth more.' Many claim that PSA's standards were lacking back then, so cards received higher grades than they should have and would these days. For me, personally, it seems PSA hammered so many undeserving cards with 'PD' qualifiers. They were certainly heavy-handed in that regard. The possible good news is, if a seller believes his card in an old slab is worth less (but looks pretty sweet to you), you may be able to pick it up at a bargain price.
that's really the interesting thing about it - send the old slab to PSA and for $10, all is now new. it's all so bizarre. i've learned to be better about looking at the actual card vs the grade.

i have a few old SGC slabs of really nice cards, and was considering popping them out and re-submitting. not sure if that makes a lot of sense, but i do think some of them may be undergraded.