View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Emlily Ell.is

I haven't updated in a while, so here goes. I am up to 196 different cards for my 1962 Topps set. I've traded for most and have a whopping $2 into it.

I bought the Maris for $50 and a lot of probably 50 different from Northviewcats for $42 ($92). I then turned around and traded the Maris for a Baugh RC and Jimmy Brown 2nd year card (1959). From there, I sold the Baugh for $90 after fees/shipping, so am back down to having $2 into the set.

That said, I don't have any of the major stars like Maris, Mantle, Mays, etc. But have several of the Ruth cards, LL cards (Clemente, Koufax, etc.) and several other HOFers (Marichal, Spahn, Brooks Robinson, etc.). So I'm making progress on it.

I also finished the 1974 Topps set, but now I'm going back through and upgrading. I'm having to upgrade about 60 of the cards, including 4-5 HOFers. The majority of them are being upgrading due to creasing, severe centering issues or just being rough (rounded corners, tears on the edge, etc.).

Finally, I bought a nice starter lot of about 400 different 1971 Topps cards. Included about 50 high #s as well as some various stars. Pulled about 20 or so that were creased or had severe centering issues, paper loss, etc. So about halfway down with that set. Haven't started working on it yet.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.