View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTysver View Post
Let me clarify slightly for the common man.

I had been buying lots of mid grade and up of commons and semi-stars (with an occasional star thrown in for the last few years.
Two years or so ago I could buy a lot of cards from the early to mid 60s pretty commonly for about 40-50 cents or less per card. These are consistently going for 70 cents and up now. I have seen some 300 card lots go for $400.

Essentially, I believe the market for vintage cards is more competitive than it was 3 or 4 years ago. I can't give a fair reason why, but it's becoming obvious that some of the common prices are rising.

As well, cards in the mid 70s all the way up to the mid 80s are going for more as people are seeking cards in high grade to slab.
I agree and have seen the same trends recently all so (since Nov/Dec LY)...auctions are ending much higher than they used to, even on lower to mid grade material. What is interesting, in some cases now due to this recent trend in lot prices, you can get a better deal buying singles from ebay sellers than buying lots....this is a scary trend for card sellers specializing in selling singles.

However, like many trends, the pendulum will likely swing back in the other direction and lot prices per card will no longer exceed pricing on singles.