View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Some at net54baseball.com feel that being banned from an auction house is a badge of honor. Given the choice of exposing a problem, or hiding from an issue because of fear of being banned - I'll choose exposing the problem everytime. I was banned from tiny, renegade auctioneer Nate Sanders. I have not been banned or had issues with any other auction houses and continue to help most of them identify problems and issues. And compared to you, I have had zero conflicts with anyone on these boards.
I didn't mean to imply that you should not expose problems or hide for fear of being banned. You obviously know your stuff when it comes to rings, and I applaud your efforts to share that knowledge with collectors and auction houses alike. It just seems to me that a bit more tact would help the auction corrections to be implemented more willingly. You know, the whole "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" approach.

And you're right, I had forgotten that the banning was by Nate Sanders. As you say, not as big a deal as I was (incorrectly) remembering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
You are correct, I had said this was a "B" ring and now it turns out to be a "C" ring. However, in my defense, all I had asked Hunt to do was state in their description that their ring was not the same size and weight and contained less diamonds than a player's ring. I stand by those facts and shame on Hunt for not budging on this matter.
I wasn't trying to call you out on a mistake in identifying the ring type. You obviously know more about the subject than I ever will. My comments were meant more to give another's perspective on your approach, which I thought would be more helpful in the long run rather than a simple "you're right, he's wrong" or attaboy slap on the back. Sorry if they weren't taken as the constructive criticism they were intended to be.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 01-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.