View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 10:46 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Auction houses seem to me to more often than not land on the most reasonable, market price .... but damm those 18-20% buyer's commissions are a killer ... Even when fully and fairly disclosed they always kill me when I see the "winning" invoice. And the all night auction because someone's bidding on some lot somewhere is annoying and really chaps my ....

EBay BIN is a nice way to go ... Fast and easy ... except that most of them are about 25% minimum over fair market value, looking for someone desperate, uninformed or madly smitten to come along ..... I love when a 60 second Google search shows that the guy with the $2500 BIN bought the very card last week at an auction house for $1750. Nice profit if you can get it.

And regular eBay auctions are maddening in that the real bidding always seems to start with 25 seconds left, and somehow I always seem to lose by $1.25 to some guy who can apparently read my mind. Happens every time.

Oh, and the few card shows I've gone to tend to be ridiculously overpriced. Nice folks, cool to talk with, and 100% of the time more than eBay ....

right you pay that extra money on BINs so you don't keep losing auctions by a dollar and spending 10 hours more trying to get that card and checking auction houses....sometimes paying that 50 bucks over market price saves you those 10 hours....its not all about keeping score.... time is money as well but its a hobby and I know many of us the time is just fun and not money as we can spend 10000 hours just to save 10 bucks and finally win that ebay auction at the price we wanted on the 10th try over 3 years..