View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Curt

The timing worked out that I knew what the item was before I placed my bid, so I didn't have to line up a crazy high bid to try to win a mystery item. Had I not figured it all out ahead of time, I probably still would not have been anywhere near $200. I have regretted not going higher at the time for some things really unique, but sometimes you don't realize how difficult an item is until it is too late. I have spent more than I needed to on items as well for fear I would miss my chance, so it kind of washes out in the long run.

I honestly didn't expect to win with the amount I bid but it was an amount I could live with had I somehow won.

I have always been a bit of a hoarder of things I like. There are probably a lot of nice things I could own now instead of buying duplication of what I already own. I came to terms with that a long time ago though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
I read the blog too. Cool story. Not sure what you bid on the item but would you have been disappointed to discover you already had the item and money could have been spent elsewhere?