View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Archive

Hi Matt

You might want to check out this website. thebenchtrading.com

Near the top of the homepage, they have a TTM prompt. After clicking on it, look to the left and you will see a Master list prompt. If you click on that, it will bring up all the players that board members have tried to get autographs from, along with their success rate and any other information.

Its free! You don't have to be a member of the site or pay any fee to get this information.

Also, if you don't want the cards you send to get damaged in the mail or the autograph to get smeared when the autographer puts it back into the envelope try this. Take a top-loader and insert something sturdy ( I used a piece of sheet metal ) into the top-loader & take a razor or exacto knife and cut a window on one side of the top-loader. Then the autographer never even has to take the card out of the top-loader. I put a piece of masking tape across the top-loader just below the window and on the tape I wrote "please autograph here", along with an arrow pointing to the window. This worked well for me & neither the autograph or card got damaged.

On last thing, my first TTM was Andre Dawson. I mailed him 2 cards, a short letter and a $20 check for the childrens charity that he sponsored. In the letter I told him to keep one of the cards since I had read that he collected baseball cards too. I mailed all this out on a Monday and by Friday I got my SASE back from him. In it was my autographed card & a hand written letter from Andre. He informed me that if I wanted anything else autographed to send it to him and he would autograph them for free. I never sent anything else, I was happy with just the card, but it was a really nice gesture from him though.

Jantz