Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all having a great summer, and had a very safe and fun Fourth yesterday.

I've been giving a handful of paintings to my photographers over the past week (and will continue to do so tomorrow), and here are the results of the first two:

Eiji Sawamura, 1936, 20" x 32"

Charles 'Hoss' Radbourn, 1887, 12" x 16"

The Eiji took forever to come together, as it's just ridiculously hard to get ANY good reference of this guy. MANY thanks to Robert Klevens for hooking a brutha up. And the second image, which was a fun departure, was provided by Rob Lifson and the good people at REA, so a big 'thank you' to them as well!

Also, there's some exciting stuff going on in the next few weeks, as the USPS is going to be releasing a book entitled 'Play Ball! Great Moments in Major League Baseball History,' which will be featuring 16 baseball-themed stamps that have been released over the years (some of which are from Kadir Nelson, a WONDERFUL artist). Anywho, the book will be 40 pages from what I understand, and I've been honored to have 12 of my paintings featured throughout the thing (though not on the stamps). If ya'd like to get more info, check it out here:

https://store.usps.com/store/promo/c...mo_MLBAllStars

It's a pretty big deal, as I guess the book will be available in post offices throughout the country. And though I don't get any royalties for the book or anything like that, just being able to say that one of my clients has been the United States Postal Service is quite a resume boost. Hopefully it can lead to some good things.

At the same time, I want to thank ALL of you guys on the boards for showing me so much love and support over the past few years, whether it's been through purchases, comments, critiques, or just general friendship - it means more to me than I can possibly express.

Anywho, I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these two, especially the Radbourn painting, being that it's another one of those interesting studio portraits that had always been a scary endeavor.

Thanks,

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 07-05-2012 at 02:31 PM.