View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:36 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I'm a lifelong Giants fan Ian, but I am appalled at their play this year. At one point they were 42-21 and had a ten game lead on the Dodgers. Look at what has happened to them since then. But they seem to put it into another gear during playoff time, so let's hope for the best.
Yeah, this has been a weird weird year, and only by benefit of that .667 start are the Giants even sniffing the playoffs.

I need to look up what their two year record with and without Pagan. It's absolutely insane (I think .600+ with, well under .500 without), and was probably even more extreme this year, since he was on board for that complete 42-21 start. This season seemed to turn during a 3 game home series vs the Rockies in which they were swept. Romo blew ninth inning saves on Friday and Saturday.. Saturday's being when a soon to be DL'd Pagan (back) failed to cut off a hit and played a single into a game losing inside the park HR. Romo was demoted, and then the others in the bullpen blew the save (3 run lead in the 8th) on Sunday. I think Colorado then went on to go like 5-25 on the road. The Giants have been 5-10 games under .500 since.

All that said, if they can win the 1 game WC, who knows?? They're definitely outclassed talent wise by most other teams in the field, but they've been absolute gamers come play off time.