View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betafolio2 View Post
Hello, All!

I just spotted what looks to be a counterfeit '52 Topps Mantle rookie being auctioned on eBay. The item number is 221076771052. The card is shown in a PSA 5 holder, but I seriously doubt that it's real because it has the CLEAN, CRISP Yankees logo (with the white line inside the bat). I remember reading something somewhere that said any of the Mantle rookie cards with the crisp logo are outright FAKES, but now I can't find that same information. The card is already bid up to $14,000, and I fear that a newbie might get taken to the cleaners! I was going to report the item to eBay, but of course, the site's "report item" choices don't include COUNTERFEIT as one of the reasons. So I'm turning to all of you. First, is the card shown in this listing fake, and is there a quick and direct way to stop the auction before someone gets robbed?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
First of all, thanks for bringing attention to this. Hopefully if this gets flagged enough, eBay will end up pulling it.

Secondly, eBay does indeed have a "report as counterfeit" option. In the dropdowns, first select "copyright and trademark", then "counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer", then "counterfeit, fake, or replica items". That should do it.