Thread: 1/2 GRADES
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default 1/2 GRADES

Posted By: Steve

What happens when the card owner gets that phone call and tells PSA to return the card in the original (graded) holder? Will they?

How should I know? lol, Perhaps you could call them and ask? I would think no. I would think they would then negotiate a price. What would SGC or GAI or Beckett do? I have no idea. I mean who wants a reprint/counterfiet card? I surely wouldn't. I'd be grateful that they caught it the 2nd time around.

Leon, you have no idea what will happen to the straight graded card as I do not either.

The value can remain stable too. And if a card is in fact a dog for the grade the market in most cases already did that. If collectors are not worried about the value of their cards or the registry they can keep them the way they are. If they want to sell and get what they feel is a hi end card they can use PSA an attempt a bump. If a certifacate and or placement on some list is their bag they too can play the game. MOI? Going forward I have no problem with the .5 system, I'm just not going to play the resubmit game. If I feel a card is hi end for the grade I'll price it accordingly if I'm selling. Same as I always did when buying.

And for the life of me where is this 'helping the hobby' coming from?

They simply said they wanted more precise grading.

They then gave a few reasons, showed a few charts. I don't recall them saying they want to help the hobby.

I think someone somewhere mentioned that and it was said enough times that it became fact. Like alot of other things that get said on message boards.

ok carry on.

Steve