View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Barry Sloate

Back around 1971, I was a student at Boston University and I was visiting my close friend at Emerson College, which was a couple of miles from the BU campus. We were standing in the hallway of one of the dorms when he pointed to a tall guy standing across the hall. My friend said, You see that guy over there, he performs stand-up at the comedy clubs in Boston. I thought that was an unusual thing to do. He approached us and stopped to say hi. It was, of course, a 21 year old Jay Leno. Looking back, it was really cool that I got to meet someone who was virtually unknown at the time but would go on to achieve amazing fame and success.

Getting back to his point in the article, we all assume baseball players will be remembered forever and baseball card will always be collected. While that is a reasonable position to take, there is always a chance that the collecting community will shrink in size. We have no idea how important collecting antiquities will be to future generations, and we probably won't be around to find out.

Last edited by barrysloate; 09-03-2018 at 06:08 AM.