View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM

hehe, yeah I had thought about starting there as well, but decided against it for a couple of reasons:

1) It's a big list. Hoping to keep this one a bit smaller (i.e. manageable) and limited to the iconic fighters.

2) There's already a PSA set reg for the IBHOF list, but I dislike it as you can include any card from an inductee to 'complete' the list. If I wanted to do that, I could buy a 1991 All World set or something and be halfway there. Also few of the guys who have already chimed in have already gone a long way on making that RC list, and I don't want to merely repeat it.

3) Top 50 lists are always fun to bicker about, as are which are the 'true' rookies. If we can come to some sort of agreement, it may bring in new collectors of boxing cards. When I considered starting this project, the hardest thing to find has been credible information on RCs. Even an imperfect (but well-sourced) list could help excite new collectors.

Thanks again for the help - this has already been a bunch of fun to put together so far.

Last edited by miklia; 03-24-2012 at 12:57 AM.