View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
outside Mantle 1952 Topps and T206 Wagner for non Collectors or even very casual collectors. Whenever anyone finds out I collect cards I am almost always first asked do I have a Jordan rookie, when they find out I mostly collect vintage I get asked about Mantle and Wagner. Hard to argue when the book/list was made, if you are referring to the Joe Orlando book/PSA set registry list, including the ARod card and Bonds they both were at one time the hot cards. The list wasn't strictly to be a most valuable and the just So young, I wouldn't put it on the list, too rare, though i would for 250 most valuable, but thats just me. I don't think any 2 people educated in the hobby would make the same list. Personal preference and hype always impacts these lists wether they are cards, albums, movies,or entertainers. Personally I don't remember thinking it was a terrible list when it came out but I of course did not agree 100%.
+1...I think for a group like Net54 the list would be a great deal different, but the cards listed in the OP are probably spot on. I'm sure the '89 UD Griffey Jr. #1 is pretty high on the list as it's very popular and recognizable to people inside and outside the hobby...as well as the '86-87 Fleer Jordan. It is what it is. If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have even heard of the Just So Young. Another thing to think about is that the people that watched and could appreciate Johnson, Cobb, Mathewson, Young, etc., are long gone...just something that could play a part in the making of the list.

As with any created list, it's always up for debate.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 01-17-2014 at 01:58 PM.