View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 07:33 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
like you said each auction is different if you are considering selling a 20k+ card..why not pay the 500 or whatever to get it into a PSA holder....the only way I think SGCs get top dollar on occasion is in the open auction market where there is real risk..unless there is a hidden reserve......even if PSA doesn't agree with the grade and you get it back..so what is 500 bucks for a card that has gone up 10k in your opinion that's not a horrible risk

it real tough to get top of market value on direct deals on SGC cards in my humble opinion but sometimes that same person that offers you 20k will pay 25k in an auction setting...or if its a PSA card you have a better chance to set a new market record in a direct offer.... but I just talking generally and my opinion only
Like MattyC said it was the card not the holder in this case. There are two SGC 50s on ebay right now, one for 30k, one for 25k, and both accepting lower offers. No one has jumped on them yet, and I certainly won't be.

I would also assume that most people selling high end cards like this in SGC holders have already tried and failed to get them into PSA holders. I know I would have. But in this case it certainly didn't seem to matter. I don't think this one brings much more than 54k in a PSA 4 holder.