View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I agree. I see a truly dead centered PSA 5 these days as pushing up to the 75k barrier, since the 6s with such amazing eye appeal are locked in at 100k. If I am a buyer, I am looking at what a 50/50, tilt-free 6 with bold color will cost me (100k), and saying to myself, "Screw VCP, if I can pay 25k less for an equally gorgeous card, I'm doing it." Hence, a 75k "5." Again, talking only here about a specimen with rare, dead centering, equally rare zero tilt, and great color. In other words, a freak, LOL.

Fantastic 57 pictured above. Talk about eye appeal. Perhaps fewer than 1 in every 100 examples of the 57 are that well framed. With that card, between the tilt, the centering, and the various printing/image issues, finding a nice one is incredibly challenging.
I agree with you. A perfectly centered beautiful 52 topps mantle in PSA 5 could break the $75k barrier. An SGC 60 52 topps mantle equivalent could come close to that too.
Beautiful 52 topps mantle PSA 6's and SGC 80's are already breaking the $100k barrier most notably the recent goodwin PSA 6 sale of $133k.