View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Good topic, Gary. /thumbs up.

I have two different answers. From a purely financial perspective, I'd probably look at 2009 Bowman Draft. I already have a Mike Trout Bowman Chrome base auto that I bought for $99 way back when. I'd love to get another to sell, or trade for something nice. And if you're looking at consolation prizes, I have a feeling the Zack Wheeler Chrome auto cards (which I also already have one of) are going to go up in value. The kid is a stud!

Sentimental? I've got to go with the 1989 Upper Deck, too. Series 1 (better chance to get Griffey Jr). I had to buy this card, as I never pulled one from a pack. I'd love the chance to do that even if it wasn't perfect.

I'm going to break down and buy a BGS 9.5 before he goes into the Hall, and sell the one I have now. I should get $40 for it. Or maybe I'll give it to my adopted niece, Jocalyn. She's a little softball phenom.

If I couldn't get ahold of either of those two boxes, I'd say 1983 Topps. Gwynn, Boggs and Sandberg. Pretty hard to say no to those. Plus, the Robin Yount card is one of my favorites from his master set. It shows his MVP season stats. I don't have it graded yet. I need to rectify that.

Hey, a man can never have too many great cards!
I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a case of 89 UD low numbers from Steve at BBCE. I have opened 6 boxes so far. Believe it or not, my very first pack from my very first box had a Griffey Jr!

The last box I opened had 5 of them. Centering is pretty good on them too. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by shayne54; 02-16-2015 at 01:40 PM.