View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default the price of leaving a negative feedback on ebay

Posted By: rob

Well, it was only a matter of time i guess. Let me ask you guys this question, here is the scenario. I sold a bunch of cards a few weeks back. After 4-5 days I sent out a reminder payment to the few people who had yet to pay, not unusual. After 8-9 days I had one person yet to pay, so I sent another e-mail. I then figured he might be out of town. I looked up his handle as bidder and saw he was bidding on cards during that time. In addition his feedback was about 40-50, not too high. So after 11 days, four e-mails and no contact I left him a negative. About 4-5 days later he tells me his partner bid on the card and that I left a hasty negaitve feedback and he would ultimately pay for the card, which he did. Then two weeks later he leaves me a negative as acting unfair and too quick.

Not sure what else I could do in this situation other than e-mail him and see if he was around by checking his bidding history. Perhaps I acted too hasty? not sure, but who has the time or energy to chase everyone down, I thought I made reasonable efforts to contact and clearly he had computer access.

Rob