View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I'm not disagreeing with anyone who says that PSA will probably provide the max return on investment or resale value, but just pointing out things that for other reasons should not end the conversation.

It should also be pointed out that PSA has a well known reputation for treating their high volume dealers preferably. There are lots of PSA 5's and in some cases 6's floating around out there with creases that really should have been 3's or 4's - but for the fact they came in through a known dealer. To me this and things like inconsistency of the grading scale over time totally defeats the purpose of TPG. I can grade a heck of a lot more consistently than that myself, and I've known how to since the 1980's. Cards with creases or even "wrinkles" should not be called Excellent, and in my opinion any card with a noticeable "tilt" or slight diamond cut should not be PSA 9 or 10. Yet there are countless examples of both.
There are also PSA 10s and high end PSA 10s...... problems with all the companies so i would rather go with the one in which everyone agrees gives me the most money back on the investment. You will see throughout the year a big reason to sell cards, whether it be 'college for the kids' 'pay for medication' 'pay for vacation' etc.....why not get something that will help if you are ever in need the most.

Id rather have a PSA card and talk bad about it but have more medication at the end of the day if i was to sell the card then have some other company which i can say on a message board is the best but at the end of the day i now have less medication or anything else i can afford.