View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Calling W517 Experts

Posted By: brian p

In April 2000 Ron Oser offered several lots from a collector who had amassed large quantities of the W517 set. There were two complete set lots; one had 44 sepia and 10 green tone cards, the other 29 sepia and 25 green toned. Two other lots with a combined amount of 95 cards came in a variety of other colors (unfortunately quanties of each not listed). Colors indicated are bright blue, red, violet, and green (I believe a lighter green). These lots make it sound like there is quite a spectrum of different hues for each color. Also there was a lot of 12 of the baseball plays/positions printed at top variation cards, a lot of 24 mini cards, as well as three lots of strips of three--one sepia, one green toned, and the third of the baseball plays.

Both the minis and the player/position variation cards are tough to come by (the player/position ones I'm not sure if I have ever seen--then again, haven't been looking too hard). I imagine the more unusual colors would bring a small premium, but once again, don't know for sure, since I don't really collect the set.

Brian